Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Editing the wiki?
Editing the wiki? [message #169620] Thu, 27 April 2006 15:32 Go to next message
smartin
Hmm, I just answered a post, and thought I'd paste my sample test session demo into a wiki page. I don't have time to type it all up nice and pretty, but the example would at least be there.

So I goto the wiki, find the appropriate spot, and click edit. But it says I have to log in to make changes. But I was just logged into the forum (and still am obviously).

So not sure what is going on? Also when I tried to log in, it said no user by the name of smartin existed. Apologies if I'm overlooking something terribly simple, but about to head out the door. Do I have some crazy browser cookie setting or something getting in my way?
Re: Editing the wiki? [message #169633 is a reply to message #169620] Thu, 27 April 2006 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Scott,
you need to register again for Wiki. I believe, Orafaq account and Wiki accounts are separate.
Re: Editing the wiki? [message #169665 is a reply to message #169633] Fri, 28 April 2006 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Yes, we haven't integrated them yet. Registration was added as an emergency measure to prevent spammers from defacing the Wiki.
Re: Editing the wiki? [message #169724 is a reply to message #169620] Fri, 28 April 2006 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
Gotcha, will do.

Now...I don't suppose we can have a button, maybe only for senior members (not necessarily moderators), that with one click of a button lets them add their post on the forum as an entry on the wiki?

So we answser a post, see that the answer is generally applicable, have a nice example in there and all, and then can just click something that makes it easy to post our exact reply as a brand new entry in the wiki.
Re: Editing the wiki? [message #170029 is a reply to message #169724] Mon, 01 May 2006 15:16 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Great idea, but it wouldn't be that easy to integrate them. The best solution is to copy and paste your answers to the Wiki or main site (we can give users edit rights on the main site as well).
Previous Topic: Performance degrading?
Next Topic: Address no longer accepts mail
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:12:37 CDT 2024